The annual list of the Top 100 Kits was published in Winemaker magazine’s Dec 2020/Jan 2021 issue, and RJ Spagnols wine kits once again dominated the list with 33 total kits in the top 100.
The list is based on the average scores given by judges of the top-performing kit entries in the annual Winemaker International Amateur Winemaker Competition. The kits on the Top 100 list had the highest average scores in the 2020 competition among the 767 kit entries.
The top overall RJS kit was the Cru Specialty Pomme Tatin, coming in at #2 on the Top 100 Kits list. Repeating its success as the #3 overall kit from last year, the Cru Specialty Crème Brûlée Dessert Wine once again secured the #3 spot in 2020.
Perhaps most impressive was the performance of the Cru Specialty Toasted Caramel Dessert Wine, which jumped from #61 in 2019 to #13 in 2020. The popular Grand Cru Pinot Noir also climbed from #38 in 2019 to #14 in 2020.
Below is the full list of RJS kits that laned in the Top 100 Kit list:
2. Cru Specialty Pomme Tatin
3. Cru Specialty Crème Brûlée Dessert Wine
6. Cru Specialty Vanilla Fig
13. Cru Specialty Toasted Caramel Dessert Wine
22. Orchard Breezin’ Peach Perfection
28. RQ Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Syrah
29. RQ Eminence Spain Tempranillo
32. RQ Australian Chardonnay Sémillion
Save DraftPreview(opens in a new tab)Publish…42/100Replace
49. Cru International Niagara Baco Noir
55. Cru Specialty Raspberry Mocha Dessert Wine
61. RQ French Cabernet Sauvignon
76. Cru International Double Down Bourbon Barrel Style White Blend
84. RQ Spain Monastrell